The purpose is to help the Cub Scout develop a personal relationship with Jesus. With the parent’s active assistance and participation in this program, it is hoped that the Cub Scout will come to see Jesus as a real person and his friend.
– To support the role of the parents as the primary catechists of their children.
– To have the Scout identify Jesus as a real person and as his friend.
– To foster early family religious involvement.
– To be a stepping stone toward Parvuli Dei and the other religious emblems, when the parents are involved.
– To serve as a catalyst to draw the parents into a deeper involvement with the church, through the child.
– Each Cub Scout has his own Activity Book.
– The book is designed for the Cub Scout and his parent or guardian to work together with the Parent Guide Resources down load here.
– Diocesan and BSA Youth Protection policies must be followed.
This book can be purchased from DCCS for $6.99 each (incl. s/h). Send check payable to KDCCS for the amount of books required to the below address or by contacting the Catholic Committee on Scouting. The book cannot be copied.
When the Cub Scout completes all steps, he presents the book to his parish priest or the priest’s representative and the book is reviewed with the Cub Scout. After the priest or representative signs the book, the parent/guardian will need to remove and send the application and the evaluation forms at the back of the book to the address below with a check payable to KDCCS for $14.50.
Attn: George C. LeCrone, Sr.
10700 Leeward Lane
Knoxville, Tn. 37934-3012.
The emblem will be presented to your Cub Scout at a formal ceremony or Mass. Each scout will be given their emblem by their Parish Priest or Catholic Committee member during the ceremony or Mass. Following the ceremony or Mass the Scouts will have an opportuntity to have their picture taken to be placed in the ETC.
Actively work on the activities with his parents or guardians. Keep the Religious Emblems Cordinator informed of his progress.
- – Actively work on the activities with their son. He may need your help with Bible readings and getting information.
- – Keep the Religious Emblems Coordinator informed of the Cub’s progress.
- – Parent Guide for Light of Christ
Suggested Time Requirements:
1 – 90 days. Although the book could be completed in four to six hours, the goal of earning a religious emblem is to help the Cub Scout develop a personal relationship with Jesus, so it is suggested that steps be spread over several weeks. This will help the Cub Scout understand that this is a long-term commitment, not a one-time project